Friday 14 November 2014

Script writing


When writing a script you should come up with the title first this is so that the audience know what the film is about and for you to not lose track of your ideas. Then you should write a short paragraph about what your script is going to be about. This should include: where it is located, who is going to be in it, the base line of the story and who the main character is.  You should also make sure that you up date your script if you make any changes or adjustments this is so that you know what is going on and other people.  After you have written your script you should add stage directions so the actors know when to come in and what they should be doing when they say there lines.

In class we studied the script of 'pulp fiction' and annotated around it.  We done this because it will be useful when we write our script.  When reading this script we could see where they was trying to create enigma, the use of language they was using and where they was building tension. 

I also wrote some notes on Pulp fiction before watching the opening sequence and just reading the script. These were:
How well did the directors/characters translated the script? Before watching the opening sequence I thought the young woman would be more mature, wearing more upper class clothing e.g. A suit instead she is more childlike.  I think she is childlike because of the clothes she is wearing (she looks scruffy), her hair is scruffy and her body language is very relaxed she is slouched over the table. 
I also thought the young man would also be wearing a more upperclass style of clothing instead he is wearing a Hawaiian shirt. His body language is also very informal and open(he has his foot up on the chair) this could connote that he is relaxed in front of the young lady. This opening sequence makes me question if they are just friends or a couple where as when reading the script I thought they was a couple. The pair where also talking out day jobs as if they wasn't normal this could connote they are criminals and lazy. 
As well as studying a script I also made my own script using two different opening sequences and putting them together to make one script. To do this I printed off the opening sequence to 'The great gatsby' and 'great expectations both if these films are of the same genre. I then had to make sentences up by cutting and reconstructing sentences so that my own script would make sence. I done this so that when I come to making my own scrip I will have to think about what key information i will want to put in and how I will construct my own script. 
By Chelsie.

No comments:

Post a Comment